Hello, my wonderful blog readers!
I’m going to cheat on my blog post today, because my amazing friend Birdi gave me two awards! Since these are my first ever, bear with me as I’m a bit excited
First up, we have “Mr. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments.” I kid you not. That is what it’s called. Anyway, it has 10 questions I have to answer, etc. So. Let’s go for this!!!
1. Describe yourself in seven words: Random, crazy, Jesus-Freak (we’ll just pretend that’s one word), disorganized, sporadic, writer, romantic (as in I’m a romantic, not that I am romantic, if that makes any sense.) [...I have a feeling my bracket use broke the rules ]
2. What keeps you up at night: Lots. Everything from what I’m going to do with my life, to what college I’m going to and when, to little things that happened throughout the day.
3. Whom you’d like to be: A lot of things that I currently am not
4. What are you wearing right now: Um… blue socks, pink pajama bottoms (At 4:20 in the afternoon!), a pink Connections Academy shirt, and a pink Lincoln City sweatshirt. And my (pink) purity ring. Hmm. I don’t usually wear this much pink…
5. What scares you: Spiders. The future. Certain movies. Books. Human nature. Other people’s blood. But most of all, carnival rides. Water Slides. Anything of that sort. *shudder*
6. What are the best and the worst things about blogging: Well, the best: Having a place to post my random thoughts, and know that people actually read them. All my wonderful followers, and seeing my stats go up ^.^
Worst: When I have a day with depressingly low views, or when I can’t think what to blog or just don’t have time to and feel like I’m abandoning all you wonderful readers…
7. What was the last website you looked at: Birdi’s wonderful blog so that I could copy the award info, but before that my school website.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would you change: …Hmm. I would be taller, and… less pessimistic?
9. Slankets, yes or no: I have NO idea what a slanket is… it sounds… bad, somehow…
10. Tell us something about the person that nominated you: Birdi is an amazing teenage girl, whose blog I discovered I-don’t-remember-how, and who recently underwent scoliosis surgery. She’s random, funny, smart, and brave. Oh, and she lives in New Zealand, and thus has the coolest accent ever. Seriously. And also, for the record, her blog is amazing, and she writes in third person on it.
Next up, we have the Sunshine Award 2011 (which sounds nice and cheerful, does it not?)
Favorite color: Blues, greens, and turquoises. And some shades of purple ^.^
Favorite animal: Cats, and horses. Definitely.
Favorite number: 3, 17, and 13. Yes, I do like the number 13, even though it is so-called unlucky. (And as for 3 and 17, I have no idea why I like them. I just do.)
Favorite drink: Coffee, or tea. And either of those can be iced or hot. Depends on my mood ^.^
Facebook or twitter: Facebook, most definitely. I’m addicted to that site. And, correct me if I’m wrong, but Twitter just seems so… pointless somehow…
Getting or giving presents: Hmm… that’s a really good question. Depends on who the present’s from, and what it is
Favorite pattern: I’m going to have to say, patterns like the one on the side of this post somewhere, although I also really like plaids, and polka dots, and stripes, and random swirls. But probably that one, and cool random swirly designs. Aren’t you glad you asked?
Favorite day of the week: Um… I… don’t… know? Now that I’m a homeschooler, all the days kind of blend together and I can’t tell one day from the next, except for weekends (which I can’t really say I like, either…) Probably Sundays or Fridays. But NOT Mondays.
Favorite flower: That question is like, impossible. I like daisies, roses, lilacs, bleeding hearts… I don’t know. Flowers are so unique, and no matter which kind it is, there’s something pretty about any flower.
Technically, I’m supposed to present these two awards to wonderful bloggers…
I’m going to be totally different and create my OWN award to present! (I know, you’re thinking “What?! Is she allowed to do that?!” Well, I don’t know. But all awards have to get started somehow, don’t they?)
Remember that pretty blue pattern? Well check this out…
Now then, this lovely image (edited by me on Picnik) is the official Paperclip Award!
See how I combined the butterfly from Mr. Sparkly and the daisy from the Sunshine Award? *nodnod*
Anyway, this award shall be presented to wonderful and amazing bloggers who inspire… well, whoever awards it to them.
[I can't help but wonder if this award will actually start something...]
RULES: If you are awarded the Paperclip Award, you must answer the 13 prompts given, and then you must give the award to 13 bloggers (although, as the creator of the award, I’m giving you permission to give it to less, or more, and bend the rules a little) and give a link to their blogs. Also, no awarding the blogger who awarded you! Got that?
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your ultimate favorite place to be?
3. Name one famous person who inspires you. (Just one!!!)
4. Tea or Coffee?
5. If you could be any other person for 48 hours, who would you be?
6. What is your earliest memory?
7. If you could ask anyone in the world, living or dead, anything, who would you ask, and what would you ask them?
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
9. What is your favorite book?
10. Briefly explain one of the weirdest dreams you have ever had.
11. What one song best describes you? (Feel free to post a link to a Youtube vid)
12. Pen or pencil?
13. Is 13 an unlucky number or not?
Now then, I would like to award Birdi, even though she was the one who gave me the original awards. Birdi, you’re amazing, and so brave, and on top of that your blog is just plain fun to read.
I’d also like to award my wonderful friend Miss.Adriana because I love being able to go to her blog and just read what’s in her heart. She’s an awesome blogger, and she should know how much I appreciate her
Now then, I’d also like to give this award to Hope. Hope, your are just plain amazing, and I love to read your blog ^.^
For my last person, I’d like to present the Paperclip Award to Cassandra Bloom. Although relatively new to the blogosphere, her blog is so much fun to read, and definitely entertaining. You keep at it, girl!
Award away, you four! I love you all so much
Also, thank you sooooo much Birdi for these two awards! You have no idea how much it means to me (If I ever get another one, I’ll be sure to actually follow the rules )
Sorry I haven’t been posting anything super interesting… I promise I’ll get around to it eventually! Until then, bear with me!
Until later, my friends,
EDIT (3/1/12): I was also going to give the Paperclip Award to my friend Dizziizzi, for a couple reasons: 1) She is always there for me (because yes, this blogger is one of the few that I actually know in person) and 2) her blog is so much fun to read, and even makes you think from time to time But yes, Izzi, you were originally going to get this award, and I somehow forgot to mention your name, even though I had this weird nagging feeling that I was missing someone…